Using the Portal
Using the Portal
- We have tried to design the portal to make it easy for you to search for technologies that are available for license from a number of institutions in Massachusetts . Please send us feedback if you have recommendations as to how we can make the portal a more useful tool for you.
- You may search by one criteria or by several – it is your choice. You may want to start with a more general search and if you get too many responses then refine your search.
- To do another search click on reset before you type in your new search criteria.
- You may search for technologies in a specific Technology Type – the MassTechPortal uses a list of 44 technology types – a full list of the technology types may be found at the bottom of this page with descriptions of the kinds of technologies that are included.
- Each technology is owned and available for license from the posting institution. Clicking the title of the invention on the results page will bring you to a page containing a detailed description of the technology and contact information for the institution managing the technology. Please use the case number listed when corresponding with the institution.
- Printing – for best results set paper to print in landscape when printing.
The following are the TechTypes that the Portal uses.
Portal Technology Types
|Agriculture||General||Agriculture, animal health, forestry, agricultural chemicals and related technologies|
|Environment||General||Recycling, hazardous and waste management, environmental management system, water treatment, pollution control and prevention, toxins, environmental remediation|
|Foods and Plant Sciences||General||Foods processes, fermentation, nutrition, sterilization, storage, animal/vegetable products|
|Health Care Surveys||General|
|Bioinformatics||Medical||Sequence analysis, modeling or drug discovery related software|
|Biomaterials||Medical||A bio-based material is engineering material made from substances derived from living tissues. Examples include polylactic acid, bioplastics, cornstarch etc.|
|Diagnostics/Biomarkers||Medical||Diagnostics, prognostics, biomarkers, patient monitoring|
|Drug Delivery||Medical||Drug/RNA/siRNA/Gene/Peptide delivery systems|
|Drug Discovery Tools||Medical||Screening Assays, Drug Targets, Methods of ID new drugs or therapeutic compounds/ DNA/proteins|
|Genomics/Proteomics||Medical||Anything Gene like (also see proteomics) – is this necessary? It is something most institutions have a category for so we may need to keep it. Combined this with proteomics because there will be so few|
|Medical Devices||Medical||Medical and surgical devices, prosthetics, med devices used for therapeutics|
|Medical Imaging||Medical||Medical imaging, tracking, sensing, signal processing|
|Microarrays||Medical||DNA, RNA, Protein, Antibody array related technologies.|
|Research Reagents||Medical||cell lines, monoclonal antibodies, reagents, animal models, growth factors, clones|
|Research Tools||Medical||cloning tools (such as PCR), methods, laboratory equipment and machines, software that helps in research|
|Therapeutics – Drugs||Medical||Potential drugs, small molecule, peptide, antibody, nucleic acid -based therapeutics – with novel composition of matter claims|
|Therapeutics – Methods||Medical||New use of known drugs, DNA, or protein based therapeutics, and non-drug therapeutic methods or treatments|
|Vaccines||Medical||Vaccines and Vaccine generating/developent methods, tools|
|Chemical Engineering||Physical||Chemical engineering technologies|
|Chemistry||Physical||Catalytic, coatings, organic, physical, polymers, environmental, quantum chemistry, chemical compounds|
|Civil Engineering||Physical||Engineering that deals with the planning, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures or public works|
|Energy||Physical||Alternative or renewable energy-related technoplogies, Hydrogen separation, Solar Energy, Photovoltaic cells, Hydroelectricity|
|Instrumentation||Physical||Measurement and control technologies.|
|Internet and Communications||Physical||Internet software or related services. Coding, networks, optical, components, wireless, telephony, VoIP|
|Manufacturing||Physical||Manufacturing methods, industrial processes or instrumentation, machinery, assembly, process control|
|Materials||Physical||Materials, coatings, ceramics, composites and electronics|
|Materials Diagnostics||Physical||Characterizing materials, i.e. thin films|
|Microelectronics/MEMS||Physical||All microelectronics, or methods of making microelectronics|
|Nanotechnology/NEMS||Physical||Anything nano – this includes NEMS, methods of making nano-structures, materials|
|Networking/Communications||Physical||Network monitoring, telecommunications, etc?|
|Photonics/Optical Systems||Physical||Anything light or optics related|
|Physics||Physical||Acoustics, Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Optical Physics, Particle Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Mathematical physics|
|Plastics and Polymers Engineering||Physical||Processing, design, development, and manufacture of plastics and polymeric based products|
|Robotics/Automation||Physical||Robots, vision, hearing, sensing, artificial intelligence, etc?|
|Sensing/Imaging||Physical||Sensor networks, detections systems, sensing during manufacture, RFID|
|Software/Algorithms||Physical||All programs and software|
|Chemical Methods/Libraries||Physical and Medical||Methods of synthesizing certain chemicals or compounds, combinatorial chem libraries|
|Fluidics/Microfluidics||Physical and Medical||Lab on a chip, microfluidics, and associated hoses and chutes|